Since the "big kids" are out of school for a while, I've decided to put them to work and have them help with the blogging a little bit. I also thought you might enjoy their perspective on life in Kenya.
When we first started talking about moving to Kenya our 8 year old was the most enthusiastic. He talked about it all the time and was so eager to move, but as it got closer to our actual move date he got very nervous. He had trouble sleeping, had stomach problems and was very angry with us for making him move. At times I wondered if we were going to be able to get him on the airplane. Now that we are here, he has settled in quite well and really enjoys it here.
Here is a little interview that I did with him.
1. What is your favorite thing about living in Kenya?
2. What do you miss most about living in the US?
3. What is the best thing that you’ve seen or done while you’ve been in Kenya?
4. What is the biggest difference between Kenya and the US?
There are more Kenyans in Kenya.
5. What is your favorite thing about attending Rift Valley Academy?
playing basketball during lunch
6. What different animals have you seen?
monkeys, giraffes, zebras, baboons that look like bears
7. What is the weather like there?
windy in the morning and evening; warm during the afternoon.
8. What new foods have you tried?
sukuma wiki and ugali
9. What is your favorite thing about your pets?
Mocha doesn’t bark.
Feel free to leave any questions you have for him in the comment section and he will be happy to answer them. I do try to protect the kids' privacy by not using their first names online, so I ask that you please do not use their names in your comments. Thanks!