Saturday, March 26, 2011

An MK Tells All - Part 2

 Since the "big kids" are out of school for a while, I've decided to put them to work and have them help with the blogging a little bit.  I also thought you might enjoy their perspective on life in Kenya.

Our 6 year old (soon to be 7 year old) is an easy going, adaptable child who loves to be around people.  It is fun to watch her interact with the Kenyans around us because she is so natural and comfortable with them.  She will just skip up to them and start talking.  I never thought she was very friendly when we lived in the US, but she has really come out of her shell since we moved here.  She likes to write stories, take care of our pets and dance in our yard.


Here is her interview.

1. What is your favorite thing about living in Kenya?

being free to play outside

2. What do you miss most about living in the US?

I miss my friends and grandparents.

3. What is the best thing that you’ve seen or done while you’ve been in Kenya?
seeing wild animals

4. What is the biggest difference between Kenya and the US?

The grocery story is far away.

5. What is your favorite thing about attending Rift Valley Academy?

I’ve made lots of friends.

6. What different animals have you seen?

monkeys, giraffes, zebras, baboons

7. What is the weather like there?

windy and rainy

8. What new foods have you tried?

sukuma wiki and ugali

9. What is your favorite thing about your pets?

My cat snuggles with me.





Feel free to leave any questions you have for her in the comment section and she will be happy to answer them.  I do try to protect the kids' privacy by not using their first names online, so I ask that you please do not use their names in your comments.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Here is a funny question for her....How do Kenyans say Hello?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rascal reminds me of a cat I had when I was a little bit older than you; his name was Smokey Joe. I dressed him in doll clothes. Has Rascal modeled any of your doll clothes yet? I love you! Granbecky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kennedy would like to say "Hi" to her friend living in Kenya. What kind of music do people in Africa listen to? What's your favorite color? What does your school look like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems that two of your children are living in different climates.

    ReplyDelete