Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've stopped by the old blog!  The kids have been on a break from school (we can't call it summer, since this is actually our coldest time of year) and we have enjoyed sleeping a little later and not having much on the agenda.

My sister and her family came to visit us for two weeks and while they were here they replenished our chocolate chip supply, encouraged our family and helped make many fun memories!  I just pulled out Erik's memory card to upload photos from their visit and my computer tells me that it will take a while to upload all 2000+ pictures!  I will not be posting all 2000, but I'll use the next few posts to capture some of the highlights from their visit here.

Outside our local church
No visit to Kenya is complete without a safari so we took them to the Maasai Mara for some spectacular animal viewing.

Typical road trip in Kenya - flat tire

quick dip in the "pool" before our first game drive

The shy rhinos came out for some pictures



wart hog with her babies


cousins!
posing for a family portrait

Our Massai host gave our 4 year old some "very nice grass" as a parting gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment