Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Boys and their Toys

According to my husband, the excitement of the safari is capturing the perfect picture.  I actually choose to sit next to the driver and just look at the animals without the worry of having to take the perfect picture - less stress that way. 

Erik got a new camera for an early Christmas present so in preparation for safari, he was reading up on all the tips and tricks for his new toy.  We also took a couple of our less expensive cameras so the boys could take pictures like their daddy (our daughter preferred just looking - that's my girl.)  Since we just turned the kids loose with the cameras, we got some interesting pictures.

the back of the seat in the safari vehicle

   
part of the safari vehicle window - I just love the composition of this one.

Luckily, we did get some good ones - even from the kids.  Some of the animals made it pretty easy for them.  This lion decided to approach our vehicle on one side, crossed the road right in front of us and then stood on the other side of the vehicle and posed for a while.  He put on a great show for us and here are some of the pics we got.
Our 9 year old took this one

our 7 year old took this one - We may need to work on holding the camera straight, but this is a good start.

Our 3 year old was screaming because he didn't have a camera and I didn't want him to scare the lion away so I desperately handed him my phone.  Pretty impressive, huh??

  
Here is Erik's.

No comments:

Post a Comment