Friday, June 15, 2012

The Chickens Have Come Home to Roost

Literally!

I've written before that Erik and I are not animal people and we had not planned on having any animals here, but one thing has led to another and we ended up getting Rascal, who after a slow start has turned out to be a great mouser, and Mocha, who is loyal, sweet and most importantly, low-maintenance.

Again, one thing has led to another and some friends have given us their 3 chickens.  I know this is the part when you laugh out loud and think, "She must be joking," but I assure you that I am not joking.  We are now the proud owners of 3 hens.


I know that it I could have gotten a better picture of the chickens if I had opened the door to the house instead of taking the picture through the chicken wire.

But this one looked like she wanted to peck my arm off.


No comments:

Post a Comment