Friday, September 30, 2011

Titchie Sunday

Each school term the Titchies (elementary school kids) have Titchie Sunday during which they sing a song during church. 



Last year, after our kids' first Titchie Sunday, this kid declared that he would not be going to Kindergarten.  When I asked him why not, he said he didn't want to get up in front of the church to sing.  I assured him that we would not make him go up to sing if he didn't want to and several times throughout the year he confirmed that information.  All week leading up to this term's Titchie Sunday, he kept telling me that he was not going to be singing with the other Titchies and I assured him that he didn't have to.  We were at our Samaritan's Purse retreat for several days leading up to the big performance, so I didn't think he would even know the song.

The big day finally arrived and he asked me again, "Do I have to go up in front of the church to sing?"  And again, I assured him that he did not.  He then said, "Well, I might."  Erik and I exchanged a confused look.  When it was time for us to leave I suggested that Erik bring his camera because things could get interesting.

When we arrived, he went up to the stage and sat down with the other Titchies.  When it was time for them to begin their song he actually stood up with the other kids.

He is in the red striped shirt looking very nervous.
The music started playing and the strangest thing happened - he sang and he even looked like he was enjoying it! 

Erik and I were in disbelief and I might have teared up just a little. 

1 comment:

  1. Today as I was going over some "personal" verses, Kathy told me to read your blog. When I returned to the verses, the first one I read was this: "As for Me, this is My covenant with [you]," says the LORD: "My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring's offspring...from now and forever." Isaiah 59:21 NASB
    I might have teared up just a little also. Love, Pops

    ReplyDelete