Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Bunch of Bullet Points

Today you get a bunch of bullet points updating you on our lives because that just seems easier than actually writing a real blog post.

  • Last week Erik was asked to present at the monthly meeting of The Kenyan Association of Paediatric Surgeons (we're very fancy in Kenya so we use the British spelling - even though Blogger's spell check keeps telling me it is wrong) or KAPS.  I believe the organization had 6 members, but I guess Erik makes 7.   Erik spoke about minimally invasive / laparoscopic procedures.
  • Yesterday Erik traveled to Brackenhurst (about an hour away) to speak at the Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons (PAACS)' Principles of Surgery Conference.  This is a two week conference offering training for the surgical residents that are a part of the PAACS program.  Erik gave one lecture on anatomy and another on trauma in children.
  • The big kids are still enjoying school and getting them up and out the door in the morning isn't nearly as painful as it was the first week.
  • I'm potty training our two year old.  I'm using the potty training in one day method - this is day 7.  I could use prayers!  :)
  • Erik can now add Swahili to the list of languages that he can communicate in and I'm still only fluent in English and Pig-Latin.  Ustmay eepkay udyingstay.

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! By the way, share with your big kids that one of the teachers at RVA is good friends with one of the teachers for my big kids! Small world. (I think they were college roommates if I remember correctly.)

    ReplyDelete