- Last week Erik was asked to present at the monthly meeting of The Kenyan Association of Paediatric Surgeons (we're very fancy in Kenya so we use the British spelling - even though Blogger's spell check keeps telling me it is wrong) or KAPS. I believe the organization had 6 members, but I guess Erik makes 7. Erik spoke about minimally invasive / laparoscopic procedures.
- Yesterday Erik traveled to Brackenhurst (about an hour away) to speak at the Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons (PAACS)' Principles of Surgery Conference. This is a two week conference offering training for the surgical residents that are a part of the PAACS program. Erik gave one lecture on anatomy and another on trauma in children.
- The big kids are still enjoying school and getting them up and out the door in the morning isn't nearly as painful as it was the first week.
- I'm potty training our two year old. I'm using the potty training in one day method - this is day 7. I could use prayers! :)
- Erik can now add Swahili to the list of languages that he can communicate in and I'm still only fluent in English and Pig-Latin. Ustmay eepkay udyingstay.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
A Bunch of Bullet Points
Today you get a bunch of bullet points updating you on our lives because that just seems easier than actually writing a real blog post.