We just wanted to let you know about what our church is doing over the next year and invite you to join us if you'd like to. We are making a commitment to an intentional pursuit of Christ as individuals, families and as a church. Specifically, we're committing to:
1. Pray for the entire world over the course of the year. We'll be using the Operation World website as a daily guide for our individual prayer time and a book called Window on the World as a guide for families. I'm really looking forward to teaching our kids about what is going on in other parts of the world and guiding them as they learn to intentionally pray for the entire world.
2. Read through the entire word over the course of the year. The Bible reading plan that we are using is unique in that it is chronological from creation to new creation rather than just following the order of the books of the Bible. You can follow along with us at the Radical Experiment website. We're only on day 2 so you're not too late to join in. A Family Worship Guide is also available so you can lead your families in a weekly Bible lesson, scripture memory, song and prayer time.
3. Give our money sacrificially for urgent physical and spiritual needs around the world.
4. Spend time in another context - either across the globe or in another part of your city.
5. Be involved in a local church.
It sounds like a lot, but it is all part of pursuing Christ and we are excited to have a church body to encourage us and to hold us accountable. We'd love it if you'd like to join us as individuals, families or small groups. The Radical Experiment website will be updated weekly so you can follow along in prayer and Bible reading. You can also listen to the weekly messages that will go along with our reading for the week prior.
As we look at the year ahead and all that God has in store for our family, we are amazed and humbled. As we approach this year, we want to be intentional about pursuing Christ simply for the sake of knowing Him more. If we accomplish anything else, it will simply be overflow.